I completed phase 1 of P90x2 in 4 weeks and these are my thoughts/results/tips!
First let me start with this...I LOVED P90x and never thought I could adore it or Tony Horton any more...well news flash I think P90x2 with a little added intense cardio is my soul mate workout! I have always LOVED to workout but sometimes that was deprioritized...until last year! I kicked my booty back into shape and can now say yes, I am an ATHLETE! I was always the tall skinny chick who could "never gain" well let me just say I could/can, I did, but I was "skinny fat" and in need of a change...so here I am 1 year later...working my butt off and loving it!! P90x2 = <3
- focused total body training
- a TON of core work (like in absolutely every video)
- shorter workouts
- more flexible schedule
- no "traditional cardio"
- no recovery week (unless you absolutely need it!!)
- less of a structured time frame--the goal is to master and improve each workout and because this it is based solely on your progress
- stability is a focus for all workouts
- 5 days a week instead of 6~you need rest (I use day 6 for cardio and day 7 off completely)
- yoga (but it's shorter)
- plyocide (shorter and more intense)
- lifting schedule- you hit all the muscle groups but is more focused on large muscle groups (so far)
- there are still modifications but this is a tougher workout so the modifications are tougher too!
push up stands (same)
pull up bar (same)
bands/ dumbbells (same)
pull up max (instead of a chair)
Similar...but more options!!
~shakeology built in too!
TONS of new foods and recipes, same 3 plans, fat shredder, athletic, etc!