So last time my plan was to eat healthy and workout no matter what...well like most I did fall off my plan some. However, thankfully this was a much shorter duration and a bit easier of a transition. This time I was committed to not making those mistakes so here is what I did and plan to do while traveling this weekend!
1) Pack options for healthy snacks so you aren't tempted!
For me this includes Egg puffs (See breakfast recipes), almonds, protein bars (JUST IN CASE), fruit, shakeology, Greek yogurt with pumpkin, fat free cottage cheese with cinnamon, endamamme, carrot/peppers and hummus. These are pretty easy to transport and will take up the in between meals.
I eat 5-6 times a day depending on the day!
2) TRACK EVERYTHING! I know this can be challenging and sometimes a bit of a pain but trust me if you want to know what not to do this is a good way to go about it!
I like www.myfitnesspal.com
Add me and see what my days are like!! emsimpler is my ID!
3) Pack workout gear and dvds! Easily transportable and convenient with my lap top!!
sneakers, workout clothes, resistance tubing, dvds. NO EXCUSES!
4) Make a plan! As unpredictable as trips and moving are have an action plan! I get up wayyyy before everyone else to ensure I still get my workouts in! Even if it's a quick one, something is better than no workout at all!!
5) Make smart take out choices! It won't be perfect of course but if you smile and ask nicely modifications can be made at almost any restaurant! Look up the menu/calorie choices ahead of time so you know (these are not always accurate but are a better way than just ordering at random).
steer clear of: bread baskets, alcohol, sugary drinks, pasta, white rice, oils, battered
opt for: plain, grilled, baked, broiled, no butter, brown rice, egg whites, fruit for dessert
And remember no one is perfect but preparation allows for more control and more knowledge of what you are eating!!