Happy Wednesday!!! with the winter months I don't know about you guys but I LOVEEEEE A
Buffalo Chicken soup!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 2 cups of chopped celery
- 1 cup of frozen/fresh corn (optional, my husband requested the corn in it)
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 habaneros (we love extra spice in ours so I added these, you can replace them with jalapenos for less spice or leave them out completely)
- 5 chicken breasts
- green onions, chopped for topping (optional)
- blue cheese crumbles for topping (optional)
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, corn, habaneros (or whatever peppers you decide to use) and Frank’s buffalo wing sauce to the Crockpot.
- Add chicken breasts (whole, no need to dice up or shred before hand) to the Crockpot.
- Season with pepper (you don’t need much seasoning as this soup is already pretty flavorful)
- Cook on low for 6 ½ hours. Once the soup is done you can take a fork and shred the chicken breasts while it’s still in the Crockpot. It should pull apart and shred super easy with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!I like to mix in some brown rice or quinoa too!
1 can red kidney beans
1 can chick peas
1 can white beans
2 chicken breasts (I diced mine first)
1 can of no salt added tomatoes
1 can of no salt added tomato sauce
1 green pepper
2 cloves garlic
spices: depends how hot you like it: I addedd cayenne, Franks red hot, paprika, chili powder, and pepper
1 packet of masa flower
1 packet of white chicken chili mix
1/2 c corn
Feel free to add any other veggies you like as well!
1) cut up all veggies and chicken
2) put it all in the crock pot and cook for 6 hours