Also, quick foods help too!
So here was dins last night
2 large zucchini
1/2 package of lean ground turkey
EVOO (I used the spray)
I suck as spices so I used a blend--Italian blend
1/4 c reduced fat cheese or Parmesan would be good!
veggies: onions, garlic, tomato, bell pepper, 1/2 jalapeno
bread crumbs--I made mine from ezekiel bread (just ripping)
2 egg whites
1) slice zucchini in half, scoop out "guts"--set aside
2) place zucchini in a baking pan (I use foil to avoid a huge mess and sticking)
3) cover bottom of pan with about 1/4 inch of water- set aside
4) sautee veggies and garlic until tender
5) add back in zucchini guts and ground turkey
6) cook until done then allow to cool for 10-15 min
7) mix in egg whites (make sure this has cooled or these will cook before oven!)
8) scoop into boats
9) top with bread crumbs, cheese, and evoo mist
10) I baked mine for 35 minutes but can be 30-40--just keep checking depending on your oven!